HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

2 years since first SP and still getting pain

ganicci Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: 2 years since first SP and still getting pain

Hi there guys! Smile

It's been 2 years since my first and only SP and the doctors "cured" me from it by treating me with this mobile drain called TRU-CLOSE. It works like a ventil. I walked around with it for about 3 days. This should normaly take 20 minutes to do on a patient. For me it took 1,5 hours. I think the doctor who did it havn't done it before.

Anyways... Now, 2 years later I still get pain in the lung area from time to time... Not everyday but almost everyday. Its not that kind of pain that you have to take painkillers but still it is very frustrating. Sometimes on the right side (where i havn't had a SP) and sometimes on the right side.

I havn't had VATS or anything like that...

Anyone of you that feel the same? This constant reminder that your lungs are not working like they used to.

Should I go to the doctor and have this thing checked?

Thanks SP friends Smile

Fozz06 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject:

Personally any kind of chest pain id get checked out no matter how small , its always best to be safe than sorry , even if its only to put your own mind at rest

katsrule1971 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: still in pain

You never said if you have blebs on your lungs. Even a chest tube will leave some kind of nerve damage. I had a chest tube first also later had the chemical and scrapping done. Well the spot i had the first tube put in bothered me the twinges from time to time. But any time you have pain you should have it checked out

ganicci Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject:

I don't know if I have blebs or not. I havn't had CT scan, just X-ray. Do you think it is the blebs that are the source of this pain that I have?

MrEd Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject:

I had VATS on my left side about 5 years ago now, and still get pains nearly everyday. I've had it checked out repeatedly but x-rays showed nothing and a ct-scan showed a very minor bubble. My surgeon said it wasnt worth operating over, and just prescribed me with voltaren as required.

I kinda wish it would just collapse so I can get another surgery attempt.
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions