HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

RECOVERY TIME????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Family & Friends

Sabrina Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: RECOVERY TIME????

My boyfriend just had a collapsed lung last night. He is in the hospital now. Does anyone know how long hospital says for this usually last? two days? a week? a month?

Please help, any replies will be appreciated, even if it is only YOUR story about how long it took you/your loved one to recover.

THANKS!

Hazz Reply with quote
Doctorized Blebber

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Hello Sabrina,

I can't say 100% on how long he will be in there. It depends on a lot of things. If he is just getting a fix-a-flat job. He should be out is 2-4 days. Smile
If you can talk to him and he can tell you more about what the Doctor are going to do. That might help.
By the way. How did your Boyfriend collapses his lung?

battersea65 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi Sabrina,

The length of your B/F's stay in hospital may depend on several things. Did they aspirate the SP (needle into the chest cavity from somewhere above the nipple) or put in a chest drain? Either way they should check with an X-ray to see if it worked. If neither work - as in my case - he may need more surgery. My total stay in hospital was 2 weeks. I had frequent flyer points for the X-ray dept... Smile

best of luck

Ian

dubmekanik Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject:

I had a complete collapse, and was in for a week on the dot. Had a chest tube, and lung took a couple of days to stand on it's own. Best of luck. Make sure to visit often!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Family & Friends
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions