HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Keep Away from the coffee :)

Ceebee Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Keep Away from the coffee :)

The caffein is deadly for me. It creates tention in the entire body, and it feels like its straining my lungs too.

i keep to tea.. Mostly. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

RW Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

My doc said I should stay away from caffiene period. No sodas, coffee, etc. I'm a nervous person by nature and normaly have a high heart rate. Shocked

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I've gone off coffee at work - apparently caffeine suppresses the immune system and with everyone in my office dying of flu right now I'm sticking with water.

Ceebee Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Hints

if you dont want any caffein in your tea. you can make som water and put the tea-bag into it for 1 minute. then take it out, throw out the water fill the cup with fresh water, and the use the same teabag.

It removes about 90% of the coffein Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

adoxtater Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

So is it just the heart caffeine is bad for or is it the lungs as well? Sad to say, but my caffeine intake is one of biblical proportion Laughing but so far no side effects that I'm aware of in regard to my lungs/breathing. This is aside from the traditional risks of caffeine of course.

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

caffeine stimulates the action of the heart and lungs ! it appears to have properties that are similar to theophylline, an agent used to treat asthma. A major analysis of studies reported that caffeine improved lung function for up to four hours after consumption, by increasing blood flow through the lungs and increasing the supply of air by relaxing bronchiolar and alveolar smooth muscle.

On the downside Caffeine is a diuretic that contributes to the body's loss of important nutrients, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Caffeine places stress on the adrenal glands (already stressed out from our hectic lifestyles) and adversely affects the nervous system, resulting in anxiety, hyperactivity, dehydration and insomnia.

But as for SP'ers, I think lungs appear to become hypersensitive to the slightest imbalance in hormones / emotions after being meddled with in surgery. so it's not impossible to imagine the effects of Caffeine having a negative impact. But as always if it's taken in moderation I doubt the affect is detrimental.

Gambit Reply with quote
Doctorized Blebber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

To be honest, I haven't had any problems with caffeine or other stimulants. I take some before I go to the gym sometimes, no issues with breathlessness, rapid heart rate, etc.

grushdeva Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject:

adoxtater wrote:
Sad to say, but my caffeine intake is one of biblical proportion

Mine as well. You can't imagine my disappointment when I saw this topic. I've been wondering about this very question since my second SP. Sometimes it feels as if the pain gets worse when I've had more than a cup at a time ... but maybe it's just my paranoia getting the best of me.

Have there been any studies on the connection between caffeine and SP?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Ceebee Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject:

hey.

no, no studies. just experience. I think its the caffeine that makes your body stressed.

i notice a big difference after two cups of coffee.

grushdeva Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject:

Maybe I should try to cut back a little more. I have been trying to substitute green tea for a portion of my coffee habit. I think it's got less caffeine and more antioxidants. It's funny, this is my only addiction. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Fozz06 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject:

wow now ya tell me .......lol , i drink about 1-2 cups per hour plus i drink a lot of Red Bull , now im wondering if thats why im still sore...i went the docs yesterday and he's thinking of regular injections for the pain relif....maybe its time to call time on the coffee .....gonna be harder than quitting the cigs lolol

linzlou Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject:

i drink a lot of energy drinks (hard to stop lol) and if i drink mre than a litre then i can feel as tho i can breath and my pulse rate goes really quick
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions