HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

recurrence after VATS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Family & Friends

eduardosilva Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: recurrence after VATS

Hi,
My name is Eduardo, I had my wife at the hospital. Last 2 month have being very dificult for us.

After 4 drains my wife did a VATS at Guy hospital they dignoses a catalemial pneumothorax so they "gramped" glue and put a mash to prevent the air come from the diafragm.

The doctors also removed a bit of the lung and did the pleurectomy.

and after 5 days come home with lot of pains but hope that everything going to finish. One week after the lung collapse again and now is with the drain.

The main doctor went on holiday and the other doctors dosen't look very confidence about whats the next step.

Any body had a recurrence after a vats pleurectomy?

I am so sad I love my wife so much and i feel so impotent just waiting for the doctors that never come and when they do the only idea they have is to put the drainer again to see if now the lung decide by magic to stick to the chest. But i dont understand why that going to happend if didn't happen after the operation when the inflammation was in place.

Any experiences about second treatments after this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Family & Friends
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions