HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

lungs sticking???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

karen knight Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: lungs sticking???

my right lung collapsed in dec 2005 and my left followed a week later and had two chest drains in at the same time (not nice )so was bed ridden and couldn't even use the loo i have since havent had any problems with my right lung but my left collapsed another five times and then the decision was made for me to have a pleurectomy on my left side and had to have part of my lung removed as it was too far gone to save so have two staples in permanently but since then both my lungs keep sticking like it's getting trapped between my ribs and it hurts to breath but the only way to shift it is to take a deep breath in until it pops anyone have any ideas to why i keep getting this???????

jakedelsolsi Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Does it feel like you cannot get your lungs to fully inflate? I am dealing with issues like this and have been trying to get to the bottom of it since my first SP 10 months ago.

garrrettt8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject:

i recently have experienced the same problem... i was diagnosed with my first SP i was given a spirometer and amazed doctors by topping the tube at 4000ml with one of my lungs not nearly at full capacity they thought id heal myself in time but after 2 monthes of a persistent pain and feeling the trapped gas move around in my left lung they inserted a chest tube. after 6 days of being unable to take a deep breath they said it had done it's purpose enough and poured antibiotics into the tube to prevent a infection they filled it to the top and it caused my lung to absorb it and when my tube was taken out it was as if i had a unblown up ballon as a lung. and to make it worse the antibiotic acted as a weak like glue making it sticky and super painful to take a breath.. for 2 days i couldnt get over 1000ml on my spirometer with out jumping and a feeling of being like shocked... i told my thoraxic surgeon of the feeling and he said it was a normal thing. and part of the process and thats what the spirometers purpose was for... i reluctantly listened and pushed threw the intense painful feeling and to my amazement it worked. i could & my girlfriend could literally feel my lungs vibrating like an acordian or a heavy wheezing feeling. it was the most unusual weird sensation feeling my lung be like stuck then all of a sudden blow up. now i have my normal lung capacity and do not have the same stickiness. I dont know whether this was the stickyness you ment just thought id share my experience... thank you hope all is well!

DaveDub Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject:

When you have a pleurectomy the lining of your lung no longer exists and the lung is healed to the chest wall. This meanss the lung is proably not as free to moove. I am recently post op from my second operation. I had one previious op in which i had a wedge resection where some lung was removed and lung was stapled , a bullectomy and a pleurectomy like yourself. afterwards i felt as if my right (pneumothorx) lung was different from my left. like it was stuck against something, and i suppose it kind of was. i could use my spirometer without problem. but it did feel strange and i was very aware of the difference however over the following 6 months i think i got used to it and i never really though about it anymore. my awareness was decreased. im not sure if this is anything like you are feeling at all but i hope it helps. my recent surgery was also on my right lung so it feels different again now so im sorry i cant follow this furhter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions