HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

chronic pain, due to rate of breathing, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

CJohnson Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: chronic pain, due to rate of breathing, etc.

My last pnuemo was just over two years ago - I had woken up around 6:00pm (I worked nights) - couldn't breathe - ignored it until the point that I was getting dizzy - once it calmed down I went to work. Stayed for the night, then walked into a normal appointment only doctor and demanded to see someone. After 4 hours of work ups and an x-ray - they tell me they're calling an EMS as my right lung has collapsed. Instead of waiting, I drove over to the hospital.

Insert little tube, no go - insert chest tube, no good. Again with the chest tube - got it.

17 days later, it still couldn't hold itself up. Then VATS with manual scaring and talc. A portion of the 3rd lobe was removed as it was dead tissue. When I left, around 10% of the lung was collapsed but improving.

FFWD two years: there is constant pain as I breathe, anything that increases physical exercion increases pain intensely. Presurre on the lung itself is horribly painful. I've gone from being non-functional at 19 (I was 18 when this happened) to being semi-fully functional - but heavily medicated.

I've tried nerve blocks, trigger point injects, ever painkiller you can think of. Currently, I'm on oxymorphone - which works the best, without getting clouding my head.

What techniques does your pain management group utilize?

kalie28 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject:

it's the first time I hear about this, I find it hard to believe everything you said here...

Hazz Reply with quote
Doctorized Blebber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject:

WOW Shocked CJohnson You win the holy shit award Exclamation

I don't know what to say... I know it was a year or 2 before i got used to all the crap they did to me but I did not get all the pain killers. I just learned to live with it.
One thing I can say about pain killers that I do know from taking them for my teeth replacement is. I noted that after just one day of being on them. I noted more things I did not know bugging me.
In other words. I think you have been on so much pain killers that a small bit of pain or discomfort might be taking for much more. Sad
I don't mean to sound bad here. + I am the LAST person that wishes others to be in pain but some times you can get in worse shape taking all the pain pills.
Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions