HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

SP pain and coffee!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

Razzle Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: SP pain and coffee!

Just posting this as a personal experience which might benefit others.

After my many SP's I was getting chronic upper chest pains and shoulder pains which were agonising! I have tried to alter aspects of my lifestyle to see if I can lessen the pain. Giving up smoking 6 years ago helped a little but the best thing I have done so far is switching to decaffeinated coffee. It's amazing how just cutting caffeine out of my diet has helped with the pain! I'm not going to lie and say I never get any pain - I still get pain every day but it is no where near what I used to have to endure.

Hazz Reply with quote
Doctorized Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I drink coffee about 2 cups a day. How did Coffee or caffeine lead to your chest pain? Caffeine is a mild pain killer to some extent.
How much coffee or Caffeine did you intake a day?
Are you sure that if you were just drinking mostly drinking caffeinated drinks all the time that you been having a dehydration problem?
Most people need to drink 1.5 to 2 liters of fluid water a day.
That's about a gallon of water a day.
I WAS dringing about 4-6 cups of coffee a day and about 4 glasses of tea.
Just about 2 weeks ago I got sick from some bad food and in just 24 hours I was very dehydrated. My chest was in pain so they run me to the E.R.
The doctor told me after he checked the X-ray that is was just dehydration and the “confounding factors” from that, that was making my lugs feel bad.
They told me no coffee "it's a diuretic" and drink about 2 liters of water over the rest of the day before bed.
I have found that eating 3 times a day and taking in about 2 liters of water have helped me a ton. I am a person that hates to in when I get up. I like to eat later in the day. When I get sick I don't like to eat or drink at all. This is not good and has put me in a lot of pain in the past just for being kind of dumb.

I am happy that you doing better and have give up caffeine. I am sure that it is not a bad thing. I read all kinds of crap about the Good and the Bad of Caffeine. It's mind blowing. It's all most like the Big Tobacco companies going at it with the all the info that is out there. The one thing I can say for sure is smoking is NOT good for you at all.
Now in the US they are fighting the use of Acetaminophen's. Shocked
Something for years that the government and doctors have been telling us all that it is so safe to use.
I think like all things. It's just about how much you use. To much of a good thing can even be bad for you. Very Happy

Ceebee Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject:

Smile Just search on my post on coffee Smile Dont drink it Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions