HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

FREEDIVING AFTER PNEUMOTHORAX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

FRAVAKALO Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: FREEDIVING AFTER PNEUMOTHORAX?

I RECENTLY SUFFERED A SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX ( AROUND 10 % ). I WASN'T TREATED FOR IT, IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS IT WAS ALL GONE. I AM 36 YEARS OLD AND I FREEDIVE AND SPEARFISH IN DEPTHS UP TO 20 METRES. I WAS TOLD NOT TO DIVE AGAIN BUT I WOULD LIKE SOME FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE SUBJECT. CAN I DIVE TO SOME DPTH PERHAPS NOT SO DEEP ?ETC. I WOULD APRECIATE ANY HELP, INFOMATION OR LINK TO INFORMATION ON FREEDIVING AFTER PNEUMOTHORAX.
THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE

seddo1 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject:

frediving shouldnt be to much bother as the only air you have in your lungs is compressed wen you dive down it is scuba diving were the problem is because wen you breathe compessed air a depth and then try to surface the air expands on the way up which means if you had pockets of air that cant escape they would expand and probably crush most of your chest>

Ceebee Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Dont think you`re going to have any problems.. the air cant escape anywhere when free diving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions