HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

What have you found other than Meds that helps with SP's ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management

Rossoe Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: What have you found other than Meds that helps with SP's ?

Because I'm not too keen on pain killers, I have found the following helps when I have a bad patch with my lungs :

Heat - (from either microwave pack or shower)
Steam - (from either Shower or humidifier)
Rest - and alot of it, usually a long sleep cures most of my problems.
A long walk - seems to open up my lungs.

How about you guys ?

Sam Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I agree with all of the above - I find the cold weather really bad.

I also take omega-3 oils and Vitamin E supplements, I think it helps...maybe a placebo affect!

Warm and steam all help.

I find if I get tired or stressed my lungs play up. If I eat well, sleep, and exercise I am normally quite well. As soon as I get tired or stressed my lungs start to hurt.

Gambit Reply with quote
Doctorized Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

Warm showers are the best. It's a good time to exercise your lungs with deep breathing as well. The only supplement that will help is plain 'ol water. Helps to loosen any chest congestion.

kotoreru Reply with quote
Experienced Blebber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Never tried any heat packs, but now you mention it I feel a bit stupid for not having thought of it - perfect for intercostal aches and stress!

Exercise helps of course as I keep banging on about it, and the sleeping thing is equally marvellous.

Water is the best bet though as Gambit suggested - I never go anywhere without a 70cl of water with me.

taraoflamancha Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

This is kind of random, but I took an herbal capsule called velarian root for sleeplessess (I'm not so enthusiastic about medication, and I try not to take any unless its really necessary) and it actually made my chest pains drastically better. I haven't been able to lie on my right side for 3 years, and now I can a lot of the time....Maybe you should talk to your doctors about trying it? I know this sounds like an infomercial, but it really helped me after taking it once. Has anyone else tried anything like this?
P.s- it's nice to find other people out there like me. Especially people from all over.('Wink')
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Pain Management
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions