HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

death in the news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Travel

SParkle Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: death in the news

Hi guys,

I just read about what looks like a spontaneous pneumothorax flight death in the paper.

"A Qatar Airways flight to an Indian city was diverted back to Doha early yesterday after a passenger complained of chest pain, according to reports in local Malayalam dailies.
The passenger, Padhmarajan, 40, complained of chest pain as soon as the flight took off at around 2am yesterday for Calicut in the south Indian state of Kerala.
Padhmarajan was rushed to the emergency unit of Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) where he was declared dead."

Scary.

(I'm taking a 20 hr flight home tomorrow.)

lgomez0437 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Have a good trip home

Hello SParkle,
I wish you a good, healthy trip home. 20 hours is a very long flight. I've read that the new 787 Dream Liners have lower cabin pressure (6000 ft. vs. 8000 ft.), but I don't know if they are in service yet or from your departure site. Hope to hear your trip went well when you're home.

SParkle Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Thank you so much, lgomez! I did make it home safely Smile. Phew. I will definitely look into the Dream Liners for future travel.

Adam00 Reply with quote
Trainee Blebber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject:

Glad you made it home safely!

With that article, it's a little bit flimsy and not much detail. It's probably not a SP situation at all.. It could be heart related ? But again who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX Forum Index -> Travel
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions