HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    Forum & Information
SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Question regarding going back to the gym

louistpebuf Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Question regarding going back to the gym

Hey all,
i know this thread may seem a bit similar to the one below, and yet i just couldnt help but creating another one to discuss the question on how fast I can return back to the gym.

I just got my 1st SP yesterday. The doctor put in the chest tube and have it taken out today (2nd day). While I'm lying in bed (more of sitting in front of my laptop) trying to get some rests while doing some researches on PS, im extremely anxious, since before SP, I used to work out a lot (given my physique, 5'7, 120lb, I do 45-45 with dumbelts and work w/ chestfly machine on a regular basis). Although i know I should take it easy for the recovery period, I still (desperately) wanna know how fast do ppl like me pick up their dumbbelts and choose not to be rendered hopelessly weak for the rest of their life (ive seen ppl giving cynic remarks like: dude, stop thinking about building ur chests).

I hope someone can see this and grant me some light (for instance, when do u start picking up weights, after 3-4 weeks? or 2 months? and how did u do it?)

ps. I asked my doctor abt this and he only said that i should be living whatever kind of life i used to live before SP w/out fear but didnt specify the timetable.

looking forwards to hearing from someone. thank you. Smile

warmly,
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions